Thursday, April 16, 2009

Alla Turka update and your opinion



I just finished Alla Turka part 4 and now am caught up! I am really enjoying this piece plugging in a few specialty stitches, but mostly just going with the flow of it and enjoying the design.

I have hit a problem and I am asking you; gentle reader and fellow stitchers, to help me. I have been leaving out small parts as I stitch with the idea that the Chocolate brown might be too overwhelming by itself. I wanted to add an accent color for little touches (inside the birds, a few small diamond shapes inside motifs. I just can't decide which color. The fabric is a mellow orangy-pink (the yellow in the pic is a result of lighting I think, not part of the fabric) the stitching I've already done is a rich chocolaty brown. I have narrowed it down to two colors- a Pinkish and a deep blue, but which one to use? I like both colors so much I need help!
Please post a comment or email me direct with your opinion! Thank you!

2 comments:

Meg said...

Definitely the pink.

Edy said...

If you want a contrast and a "pop", I think you should use the pink. However, if you want it to be more muted, then the darker blue would be the choice.
Just mho.