Friday, March 20, 2009

Alla Turka and Rave about designs


Well, I've been working on a Mystery Stitch along by Pelin Tezer called Alla Turka. Here is my finished part one. I'm really enjoying it - the patterns are rythmic and soothing and I love the rich chocolaty brown I'm doing it in. I can't believe how much I'm enjoying it. When everyone I knew was doing the Boink I just didn't get it - It looked hard, confusing and while they turned out lovely I thought it was something I'd never stitch. But I've changed my mind - I'll admit when I'm wrong and boy was I!!! If you haven't done one of these kind of projects I strongly recommend it. I'm on the second part of Alla Turka and when I work on it my needle is flying - I'm almost ready to do part 3 and I can't wait! I started this project with myself in mind I picked colors I love and I plan on hanging it in my bedroom when I'm done so I can have a bit of my stitching for myself for a change. And with the pleasure I'm getting, I went and checked out the designer for Boink and am putting together the stuff for the growth rings design and plan to do it next. Check them out http://www.inkcircles.com/
Happy Stitches!

1 comment:

Maggie said...

Hi Jackie, Alla Turca is looking good, but i already told you that on the group!!

I love your profile, especially the bit about being organised and being a slob! i'm sure i manage to be both too, lol

Will check back to see how Alla Turca is coming along.